Tala Account – Terms and Conditions for Exclusive Credit Benefits
Effective Date: July 1, 2021
These Terms and Conditions for Exclusive Credit Benefits (these “Credit Benefits Terms & Conditions”) shall supplement the Tala Account Terms and Conditions and the Tala Credit Advance Terms and Conditions, and shall govern the Exclusive Credit Benefits offered by Tala Financing Philippines Inc. (“Tala”) to users of the Tala Account who meet the eligibility criteria.
By your continued use of the Tala Account, you confirm that you have read, understood and agreed to abide by these Credit Benefits Terms & Conditions as may be amended or varied from time to time. Amendments or variations thereto take effect on their date of publication. Tala will take all reasonable measures to notify you of any such changes. You may discontinue your use of the Tala Account at any time, but please note that doing so will make you ineligible for the Exclusive Credit Benefits offered by Tala.
- You must have an active Tala Account.
- You must keep a minimum balance of PHP 2,000 in your Tala Account for at least 7 consecutive days to be eligible for the following Exclusive Credit Benefits offered by Tala. Your eligibility will begin on the 7th consecutive day and will continue as long as you maintain a minimum balance of PHP 2,000 (the “Eligibility Period”). If the balance of your Tala Account falls below PHP 2,000, the Eligibility Period will end and the 7-day count will restart.
|Loan Count||Exclusive Credit Benefits|
|1st to 4th Tala loan within the Eligibility Period||PHP 1,500 increase in your maximum loan limit|
|5th to 9th Tala loan within the Eligibility Period||10-day payment extension (option to choose a 40-day repayment schedule)|
|10th or succeeding Tala loan within the Eligibility Period||Maximum loan limit of up to PHP 20,000 + 10-day payment extension (option to choose a 40-day repayment schedule)|
- You must repay your Tala loans on time to continue to qualify for the Exclusive Credit Benefits. Failure to repay on time may affect your approval for your succeeding Tala loans. You understand and agree that your eligibility for the Exclusive Credit Benefits does not guarantee that you will receive approval for each Tala loan that you request.
Availability and Use
- The Exclusive Credit Benefits will be immediately available in the Tala App once you meet the eligibility criteria.
- For payment extensions, you must select the extended term (40-day repayment schedule) before acceptance and disbursement of your loan. You will not be able to change your selected repayment schedule after you accept the loan offer.
- You must complete the disbursement (cash out) of your approved loan within the Eligibility Period in order for the Exclusive Credit Benefit to apply.
About the Tala Account
The Tala Account is powered by UnionBank and EON and is regulated by the BSP. It is an electronic money product that does not earn interest, rewards, or similar incentives convertible to cash. It is understood that the Exclusive Credit Benefits are offered by Tala separately to users who wish to avail of the Tala loan product, and are not interest, rewards, or similar incentives convertible to cash.
If you have questions about the Exclusive Credit Benefits or your Tala Account, you may contact Tala via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. Pursuant to the BSP Financial Consumer Protection Framework, you may also reach out to the BSP’s Financial Consumer Protection Department at email@example.com for concerns regarding your Tala Account.